Non-Profit Compliance in California
Part of maintaining your status as a tax-exempt entity involves observing nonprofit compliance at the state and federal levels. Non-Profit-World assists clients in ensuring they’re aligned with proper practices and guidelines so as to maintain their tax-exempt status. We provide the necessary oversight to help you avoid penalties and confusion that may cause you to lose your 501(c)(3) status.
Our nonprofit services extend to organizations of all sizes, throughout California and the entire United States. We take a personalized approach to assisting you in maintaining compliance, and always take the time to educate you on the importance of compliant operations.
We help your nonprofit remain in good standing with all government agencies. Not only do we help you stay compliant, but we also provide education and insight into what you can and can’t do as a 501(c)(3) entity. Our mission is to provide as much education as possible so you learn the nuances of running a 501(c)(3) organization the right way.
Be Mindful of Nonprofit Restrictions
As you think about incorporating as a nonprofit or continuing to operate as one, be mindful of the stipulations that govern them.
- There are some limitations on who may receive a salary from your nonprofit.
- The assets of your nonprofit may not be distributed to your directors or officers.
- Your nonprofit may not support or oppose political candidates.
- Your nonprofit may influence legislation only to a limited degree.
- There are limitations to the unrelated business activities your nonprofit may engage in.
- You will need to maintain accurate financial records and file yearly tax returns. You must hold meetings of your Board (and document them in the form of minutes)